Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 4: Bad Day in Margaritaville


This morning some fool knocked one of the two multi-pocket jewelry holders off the closet door, with ... disastrous consequences.

Not to assign blame, but it was me.

And really it's not my fault--it's a major design flaw.

The holder is double-sided, meaning there are 40 pockets on each side, each one closed on three sides and open on the top. The whole thing hangs on the closet door with a hook. So to see the other side, one must pick it up gingerly and rotate it horizontally while holding the whole thing steady.

This morning somehow I turned it upside down, resulting in multitudes of pins and earrings flying out of their pockets into the depths of the closet.

Now I spent part of this weekend cleaning this closet but ... not that much, I guess ... because I'll be picking earrings out of shoes for the next forseeable future. And I was so frazzled by the whole event that I managed to leave home with no earrings, which feels as odd (I can imagine) as  going to work without basic underwear.

Damn! This thing has hung on that closet door for four years and has never been a problem--now I've apparently disturbed the delicate balance of the ecology and it'll never be the same.

Anyway, today's pin is a ceramic parrot that I probably bought at a craft show 15 years or so ago. It's a freaking miracle that it hasn't lost a tail feather or an eyeball in the interim, but it hasn't.

And I thought of titling this posting something pirate-ish like "Avast ye mateys!" but it really isn't a Long John Silver type of pirate, but more of a "let's have another drink in the tropical rain forest" type. Really it should be called "Wadrobe Malfunction."

No comments:

Post a Comment